Wednesday, October 21, 2009

What are the health hazards of a house cleaning job?

I work for a house cleaning company and was wondering if anyone knows where I can find info regarding what kind of diseases one can catch from cleaning an infected persons home? I have contacted the CDC in Atlanta with this question but they have not answered me.





What I'm concerned about is exposure to HIV AIDS Hepatitis, things like that.


I would also like to know if a person who has one of these types of diseases has to inform the company hired to clean, so the employees can choose whether or not they want to be exposed.





I would hate to contract an illness that would threaten my life.





Please include links or sites with your answer and thank you in advance.
What are the health hazards of a house cleaning job?
aids dies in air in about 20 seconds it needs plasma to live





hep you got to not stick ya hand in ya mouth or not touch blood





i am still waiting to find a report of a needle stick injury causing aids so whats the deal here
Reply:HIV and Hepatitis are normally contracted through sexual contact or blood to blood transfer...Simple precautions are to wear rubber gloves and a face mask..while working...I would be more concerned with cleaning chemicals...which like present a greater hazard to your health then the things mentioned above...Clorine and Ammonia do not mix...and breathing fumes of these cleaning materials are hazardous...Read the labels...more so if cleaning in close rooms with poor ventalation...Good Luck....

No comments:

Post a Comment

 

cleaning jobs Copyright 2008 All Rights Reserved Baby Blog Designed by Ipiet | Web Hosting