Wednesday, October 21, 2009

In water hull cleaning job.?

I plan on starting an in-water boat cleaning company. I am already scuba certified so I don't have to worry about that.





I was just wondering what tools I will need. I am guessing some kind of scraper or brush and several others.





What about breathing apparatus should I get a hookah system, above water tank with a long hose, or just use the regular tank on my back or will that get in the way.





Also how much should I charge or what are people you know charging. Any help would be greatly appreciated.
In water hull cleaning job.?
As Dog said, you might want to look at the different boat hull materials first and what is stuck to them.





On the diving side, there are local regulations for diving at work and the qualifications which you would need (and surface support).


Surface-supplied diving (the hookah system you mention) is a totally different discipline to SCUBA and should not be confused with it.





I would check out the regulations first then, as Dog suggests, work for someone else to get an idea of the market and experience of the job.





Good luck!
Reply:try working that business for someone else to learn different things, I'm sure different boat hull materials will take different techniques %26amp; tools, you'll also learn a lot, do you need liability insurance? license? etc....they charge by the foot but it may also have a different fee for a boat with a deeper hull.


any hose can kink %26amp; you'll loose your air supply but tank fills can get costly

No comments:

Post a Comment

 

cleaning jobs Copyright 2008 All Rights Reserved Baby Blog Designed by Ipiet | Web Hosting